Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Super Easy Weeknight Meal

So, I have another recommendation from my, never to be questioned, friend Marci.  She sent me the link to Carribean Pork Loin with Pineapple Avocado Salsa and I knew it was a must try.  The link is listed below.  Gotta love Martha Stewart and Everyday Food magazine!

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/caribbean-pork-with-avocado-pineapple-salsa

It was super quick to make and tasted amazing.  The combination of slightly sweet brown sugar and sharp cinnamon and cumin really gave it a unique flavor.  It was incredibly moist and the pinapple avocado salsa was the perfect addition.  I'm trying to figure out what else I can put it on.  I think the answer is everything.  I definitely want to try a modified baked chicken version of this sometime soon. 


I served it with baked sweet potato fries sprinkled with Garlic Honey Lime seasoning from the Garlic Gourmay (http://www.garlicgourmay.com/).  These people are local and their spices are amazing.  Kenna and I picked up a few of their mixes at Shrimpfest this year and I use them constantly.  Eric has a mild obsession with spices, even though he rarely cooks, so I stocked up.  Seriously, they're a must try.  

Bacon Hickory Rub - Excellent on eggs and apparently turkey burgers (per Kenna)
Garlic Jalepeno Rub - Perfect for grilling and kabobs
Honey Lime Rub - The only thing you need on halibut
Killer Cajun - Steaks love this.  I definitely need to go back to New Orleans and take some cooking classes
Zesty Garlic Seasoning - This goes on anything and everything.  Not kidding, pasta, chicken, popcorn, veggies.  You name it, it'll make it yummy.

On a side note....is it odd that I dreamed about finding Clear Jel (a canning product that I have yet to locate) and was super excited about it?  Hmmm, obsess much? 

No comments:

Post a Comment