Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Canning

So, I've been dabbling in canning lately.  I don't really know what I'm doing, but I'm attempting to prepare myself for the onslaught of fruit I expect next year when our 14 fruit trees start producing.   

I'm lucky to have some amazing people in my life that have a lot of canning experience and are more than willing to answer my, sometimes ridiculous, questions. 

Sofar I've attempted blackberry jam on my own (picture below) and it looks good, so I have high hopes that it will taste good as well.  Eric's a blackberry jam fanatic, so we go through it quite rapidly.

 

I got a chance to visit my amazing friend Marci at the end of last week and we attempted no sugar strawberry jam.  Once again, looks right, hoping that it tastes right as well. 

Yesterday, I did some canning with the master (Kenna).  We made blueberry lime jelly and it smelled amazing.  I have no doubt that it will taste amazing as well as she has lots of experience and creates beautiful and delicious concoctions on a regular basis.  See below for her jewel colored raspberry preserves. 

 

Come visit us at the Quilcene Fair where we will be selling her blueberry lime jelly, strawberry rhubarb jam, strawberry lemon marmalade, raspberry preserves and many other delicious combinations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment