Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Enjoy a Day in Paradise

That was the theme for the Quilcene Fair this year.  We were a bit skeptical as the weather channel continued to predict rain and gloom for fair day.  As I lay in bed the night before with a deluge of water pounding down on the roof I began to mentally inventory all of my waterproof clothing in preparation for fair day.

But, surprisingly, the morning dawned with just a bare sprinkling of rain.  This was, of course, after I was jolted awake by the ringing of my cell phone at 5:50am with a work related call.  Nothing like a good shot of adrenaline to get you up and ready for the day. 

So, we travelled to the fair site with our two vehicles full of items we planned to peddle and set up our booth.  We were ready for business by 9:00 am and by 10:00 am had 3 jars of honey remaining.  Not a bad start to the day.  Overall, I'd say the day was a success.  Kenna and I both sold some of our items, we got to enjoy the sunny (shocking) day outside, and spend time with friends and family.

Kenna's Amazing Jam, Marmalade and Birdhouses

Claud's Jewelry

  Claud's Scarves and Photography

Whew!  I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment