Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mmmm....HOT!

I dislike dilly beans, but I love my husband.  He and his friends have decided that the hot dilly beans I make are something they can't live without, in addition to my molassess cookies.  So, because I love them, I make something I don't like and try to remember *DO NOT LOOK INTO THE POT* or I'll get a nose full of vinegar yuckiness that seems to invade the brain. 

I had a ridiculous amount of green beans and an empty house last night so I decided to get it over with.  This is the second batch I've made this month, but they seem panicked that they won't have enough.  And they want me to try them out with jalepenos in addition to cayanne pepper.  Let's hope they don't set their throats on fire. 

There are the requested jalepenos.  They look huge, but they were the smallest I could find on short notice. 


I love the vivid green in this picture.  Shockingly good quality since I took it on my cell phone.  Nothing better than fresh veggies.  I've found that the guys seem to like the smaller green beans and I'm amazed how crisp they stay since they're so delicate.  I prefer these when cooking as well.   


And, there's the finished product.  Garlic, jalepenos, cayenne all visible.  And only one nose full of vinegar for my efforts.  Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment