Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Forking Fantastic!!!!

So, my best friend and fellow foodie, Kenna (check out her blog), bought me the Forking Fantastic Cookbook awhile back and I'd totally forgotten about it until I was rummaging through my stack of cookbooks and happened upon it.  It's an amazing book full of fun recipes by two ladies that run an underground dinner party club.  It seriously sounds like so much fun and if I had more time I'd definitely give it a try.  But, those are dreams for another day. 

I love the fact that they are so honest and humerous when telling their stories and describing their recipes.  It makes me feel better to know that other people explode strawberries all over the ceiling or scorch carmelized onions when they answer the phone and forget they are cooking.  Not that I'm admitting to doing either of those things, but don't currently look at the ceiling in my kitchen.

So, after a fun read through their book I decided to try out their Commando Chicken recipe.  It sounded fun, easy and delicious.  It's commando because the chicken sits directly on the oven rack instead of in any kind of roasting pan, allowing the awesome juices to drip down on the potatoes on the rack below. 

So, some lemons, some olive oil, some spices and a chicken and some potatoes later......



 Seriously....YUM!  I can't even begin to describe.  You need to go out and buy their cookbook right away!




No comments:

Post a Comment